Hemlock Valley


If you’re looking for a small-town atmosphere, great ski resort facilities and a friendly, family-orientated atmosphere, look no further than Hemlock Valley Ski Resort. This great little resort overlooks Harrison Lake and enjoys a sort of alpine community made up of town houses, condominiums and log cabins centered on a day lodge.

Hemlock has a little something for everyone. You can enjoy alpine skiing, snowboarding, night skiing, snow tubing, cross-country skiing and snowshoe trails. The resort has a terrain park but no halfpipes or jib parks as this is not the resort’s top focus. Hemlock is more popular with intermediate skiers, since some 60% of their trails are dedicated to this level of skiing ability. The remaining 40% is divided equally between beginners and advanced skiers.

Hemlock Valley Ski Resort enjoys some 180 inches of annual snowfall, a summit elevation of 4500 ft and a vertical drop of 1200 ft. It’s 34 trails are spread out over 300 acres of skiable land and they are accessed through four ski lifts. Its longest run is 7460 ft and it has 13 km of cross-country trails on offer.

The resort is generally open between December and April and it offers childcare, skiing and snowboarding lessons and equipment rental. There are also children’s programs and women’s programs available for those who prefer this sort of thing. There is a variety of accommodation available in and around Hemlock village so you will likely find something that suits you with relative ease.

Dining can be enjoyed at Molly Hogan’s Bar & Grill, the Hemlock Room Cafeteria and the Summit Bistro, though only those who are 19 years of age and older can make use of Molly Hogan’s. Why not consider trying Hemlock Valley Ski Resort as your next holiday destination? It’s a real treat!