Whitewater


Come to Whitewater Ski Resort and experience the magic of Ymir Mountain. Whitewater has a reputation for powder and though the resort has a great old-time feel, it is this natural delight which draws hundreds if not thousands of visitors to this small part of Canada each year in search of one of the ultimate skiing experiences.

Whitewater is well developed to cater to a variety of skill levels and types of snow sports. Cradled in the renowned Selkirk Mountains of British Columbia, Canada, the resort enjoys more than 40 ft of dry snowfall each season. Combine this with a base elevation of 1640 m and a summit elevation of 5400 m and you’ll soon discover that there is no shortage of great runs or deep snow. The runs include trees, bowls, steeps and more groomed trails for beginners.

The Whitewater Ski Resort features 46 great trails spread out over 600 acres of well-utilized land. The runs are easily accessed with three ski lifts and the longest run measures 5280 ft. Only 20% of the trails cater to beginners. The remaining 80% are divided equally between intermediate runs and advanced runs. All this takes place over a 1300 ft vertical drop which is regularly blanketed by the softest, freshest snow. Cross-country skiers will be glad to know that there are 22 km of great cross-country trails available.

When you’re not skiing, you will probably head to the stunning rustic Whitewater Ski Resort. Filled with the timeless basics of great food, a good bar and friendly faces, the daylodge offers you all you will need to truly enjoy your day on the mountain. Food is best enjoyed at the Fresh Tracks Café and you may even enjoy watching your meal prepared right in front of you. This healthy, tasty and affordable food has been rated as some of the best available at any Canadian resort. The resort also offers training programs and equipment rental.

Whitewater’s newest addition is their new Nordic Center where you will be able to enjoy a great collection of absolutely breathtaking mountain views. You might also enjoy heli skiing, snowcat riding, a soak in the Ainsworth Hot Springs or a relaxing spa treatment.

If you’re visiting Whitewater for the first time, it is imperative that you attend one of the bi-weekly Avalanche Awareness courses. Whether you plan to enjoy backcountry skiing or you prefer sticking to the faster paces of alpine skiing or snowboarding, it is important to remember that Whitewater has a high degree of powder on the slopes. While this makes it all the more enjoyable for the sport, it also makes it ever so much more dangerous and persons acting irresponsibly and without adequate knowledge in the area could cause serious – even deadly – problems.

Just twenty minutes from the resort you will find Nelson – a great place to spend a day getting to know more about local history. The town features carefully restored buildings, hip boutiques and a wide variety of outdoor equipment shops. It also has cafés and bars so you can find a change of scenery if the resort restaurant and bar is boring you somewhat. You will also find a theatre and be able to enjoy a number of live performances.

Book your accommodation for Whitewater Ski Resort now to make sure that you don’t miss out on one of the country’s greatest powder reserves.